Tuesday 24 June 2014

FOUND - Chunky Covers & Page Turners



I found this chunky cotton jumper at the Children's Society charity shop on Pitshanger Lane, Ealing. If you pop up to this charming wee high street be sure to wander into The Pitshanger Bookshop - a well-stocked, friendly independent. My fashion reads, including this Chic Simple Wardrobe book are endless sources of inspiration; so when I found a sweater just like the one on the pages of the book, I was delighted. Let's face it, the cover-up is even more important than the cossie. My find is from the Banana Republic, a brand I've loved since the 70s when it still issued enticing hand-drawn catalogs (prior to Gap take over). The soft but highly textured look of this BR knit was equally enticing - a wardrobe multi-tasker, it will be packed into my suitcase for all future travel. It's a bestseller at just £4.99.   

No comments: