Monday 9 June 2014

FOUND - Depot Dishes up the Goods


Over the weekend I found this porcelain pickle dish at the Alperton Bus Depot Open Day. The husband and I take an interesting 5+ mile walk on weekends and he always indulges my desire to pop into a few of my happy hunting hot spots along the way. So when he wanted our Saturday stroll to include a bus depot, who was I to say no? Sure, we were both keen to board an old Route Master but I thought satisfying shopping would be thin on the ground. Think again Huntress! There in a giant garage were some 15 stallholders selling old tube maps, bus route brochures, antique tokens, uniform buttons and millions of postcards featuring buses through the ages. Three brothers were manning a stall with shed loads of transportation ephemera and nestled among the stacks of stuff was this little curio. Created in 1998 by famed Japanese porcelain maker Noritake for British Airways VIP Lounges, it now makes a perfect ring rest. It cost £2.50.       

No comments: