Thursday 26 June 2014

FOUND - The Quiet American


I found this Tory Burch ribbed jumper in the Octavia Foundation charity shop in Ealing. Tory Burch is an American designer who founded her brand in 2004 with one store in Manhattan. She now has 120 shops and a presence in 3,000 retailers across the globe. Her celebrity fans include Jessica Alba, Blake Lively and Cameron Diaz. And still the Tory Burch label is relatively unknown and under-appreciated in the UK. Tory's got a J Crew pre-Jenna-Lyons vibe, preppy, with a bit of Lilly Pulitzer's moneyed-Miami look thrown in for good measure. TB ready-to-wear is starting to turn up in UK charity shops for peanuts. My mom adores Tory so this will be passed on to her. I should keep it until Christmas but I'll never be able to wait, so pleased am I with this fashion find. Don't tell anyone it cost just £6.       

No comments: