Thursday 17 July 2014

TRY THIS - Carry On Cornwall


I found this cotton Cornwall souvenir scarf at Spitalfields Market awhile back. It's a square of graphic gorgesous-ness that's done all and sundry. It accompanies me on every holiday I set out for serving as a snazzy pocket square, stylish neckerchief, dabber of a 'glowing' brow, drier of a rain-soaked bench, wrapper for a holiday trinket, picnic serviette and flash of colour tied to an otherwise dull handbag. At several stalls in Old Spitalfields Market and Truman Brewery there are large boxes full of wrinkled, but lovely scarves. Hundreds and hundreds of squares of silk, cotton, poly and wool. They used to all be a pound each, I think they've sky-rocketed to £2 but still a 'stock-up' price. Hand-wash, lavender and wear them liberally. This little Cornish cutie caught my eye and has stayed with me ever since. Do you have a simple holiday must-pack? Tell us, come on, carry on!       

No comments: