Thursday 4 September 2014

TRY THIS - Damsel Duster in Distress


I pulled this gorgeous girl at Cologne & Cotton (CLICK) on Marylebone High Street but she wasn't exactly brand new. While modelled after an old-style novelty clothes brush, she was probably mass-made in the last few years. Dumped on a table of sale bits and bobs, she was sold 'as is.' The 'as is' was an unwound skirt. Her pink grosgrain ribbon middle had come undone. Don't you hate it when that happens? I snapped her up, couldn't resist. This damsel was in distress and I intend to rescue her. Once home, I carefully re-wound her ribbon and stitched it in place. Good as new, 'Trixie' now confidently bosses my dressing table. In perfect nick, a version of her was £18 - faltering but fixable I got this gal for just £7. Look carefully at 'as is' offerings - for half you can often make them whole again. 

No comments: