Friday 19 September 2014

TRY THIS - Me and Betty Go Way Back


I found this book by style doyenne Betty Halbreich in 1997 - bought new and hot of the press. If you're a dedicated follower of fashion you'll have no doubt noticed Betty popping up all over lately. She is the outspoken, thoughtfully fashionable, highly experienced head of personal shopping at NYC's famed department store Bergdorf Goodman. CLICK HERE to go to BG's rather lovely blog. Betty has 'dressed' everyone from Lauren Bacall to SJP but importantly she's written ANOTHER more recent book entitled I'll Drink to That, CLICK HERE. The new book is on my wish list to be sure BUT I want to give Betty's first book the credit I think it deserves. I've read Secrets of a Fashion Therapist cover to cover at least 3 times. It's full of fashion advice that remains relevant; Betty's practical, honest and upbeat approach always recharges my style battery. This was the very first fashion book I ever bought and while I've an extensive library of style books now, Betty has served me best. She's in every press publication worth it's lipstick lately, but I like the way in which she's discussed on Twitter - #BettyKnowsBest.    

No comments: