Wednesday 10 September 2014

TRY THIS - Tis The Season to Be Stylish


I found this 50s vintage bag at the Oxfam in Ealing. Featuring a heavy satin interior and matching coin purse, it was missing its chain handle. I took the bag and a string of red beads I found ages ago at the same Oxfam to my local jeweler. He happily attached the beads to the bag, making a perfect handle. The book is also an Oxfam find; this duo was a wonderful gift for my step-mother who collects vintage bags. We met my dad and step-mom in Chicago last week and as they suggested, celebrated Christmas in September, since we'll be back in London come the actual Ho Ho holiday. I was thrilled to be with them to exchange gifts and toast the season, albeit months in advance. Come on, Christmas is a state of mind (as well as a town in Florida). The handbag was £25 and the book was £3. Stylish Seasons Greetings!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I was saving all of those snapped off lengths of beads for something :)

Anonymous said...

I knew I was saving all of those snapped off lengths of beads for something :)

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Those are such thoughtful beautiful gifts (and I'll bet your suitcase is a bit lighter), what a fab idea to create a bead handle! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday :) xo

Anmarie said...

It was a hit...my step-mom loved it and well, I got to love it for a few weeks before giving it yo her. Win Win.