Monday 15 September 2014

TRY THIS - Unloading Excess Baggage


This vintage, mint-condition pocketbook was given to me by my friend Miranda. It once belonged to her auntie and she felt it was in good hands with me. I was flattered and thrilled to have this stylish reminder of Miranda. She who stepped up enthusiastically to workshop a set of short plays I wrote a few years ago. For no money and no fanfare she joined me to create a tiny work of theatre. The generosity of actors, something that oft leaves me dumbstruck. Miranda has since left England, and her family, and everything that's familiar to pursue her acting career in Los Angles. Her determination and commitment to her craft inspires me. I see her beautiful mane of brown curls, catching the light, like the graduating colours of this bag. I slip the straps up over my wrist, hold it like a clutch, and it's transformed. Transformation: the actor's perpetual journey. 

1 comment:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

That bag is a work of art. I love anything that vaguely resembles patchwork and the fact it holds so many wonderful memories for you makes it a very special gift. xox