Monday 19 January 2015

FOUND - It's My Cuppa' Silk Skirt, OK?


I found this Orla Kiely lined, silk skirt at The Cat Charity shop on Pitshanger Lane in Ealing. Kiely is an Irish print designer who experienced success after Harrods bought her degree show. She'd been designing for Esprit but with encouragement from her husband established her own label in 1997. Today her simple but evocative repeating patterns can be found on everything from backpacks to bed sheets, and on anyone from The Duchess of Cambridge to Huntress London. This skirt's colour combinations grabbed me from the get-go and once I realized it was OK (Orla Kiely), I snapped it up feeling both smug and lucky. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that it wasn't until I pinned it to the fence to click this picture that I properly saw the coffee pot pattern. For me, this skirt was a series of interesting circles and spaces, conceptual rather than actual. I pride myself on my eye for detail but the strong imagery initially eluded me. All's well, as I am the consummate coffee drinker - me and joe are the best of friends. If you're looking for a relaxing spot to sit and enjoy a mug of java in Ealing, my patch, might I suggest The Electric CLICK HERE. In addition to quality coffee, the staff are friendly and the view over Haven Green, well, green. My 2nd-hand find was £14.99. I've plenty left in my pocket for a black Americano and maybe a slice of banana cake.
For more Orla Kiely CLICK HERE  

No comments: