Friday 17 April 2015

FOUND - Blogs Keeping Us in the Pink


This from my pal, actress Gretchen Egolf:

"Recently on my way to see my friend Anmarie’s utterly charming and smart play, RE-TALE, I found I had a little time to kill before curtain-up so I popped into the Marie Curie charity shop just steps away from the Hen & Chickens theatre in Islington. In honor of the play and Huntress London (I'd been surfing the blog that week), I was inspired to buy this scene-stealing Diane Von Furstenberg number. Seen here at a film premiere, I felt picture perfect wrapped in DVF's fuchsia wool winner. The dress was just £40. I'd like to thank the Academy, the charity shop, Huntress London, my family..."

I'm flattered that Huntress inspired Gretchen. Her hot pink pick got me thinking about the blogs that inspire me. There are so many but here's a stylish sampling of what I've been clicking on lately:

Kerry Taylor Auctions website & blog CLICK HERE features an online catalogue that is glorious. KT's latest fashion auction is scheduled for 28 April and even if you can't afford to buy, the viewing days prior to the auction are FREE. The blog itself is full of fash history and style ideas. Read and Learn.  

I'm a big fan of Caroline Jones, of Knickers My Own CLICK HERE. She's wearing clothes from Cancer Research Charity shops for the whole of 2015. That's 365 days of 2nd-hand chic. She's good at it too, Caroline makes charity shop style look easy, modern and cool. In the process she's raising money for Cancer Research - I like to think of her as a sartorial philanthropist.

I'm from the American midwest state of Ohio, so a virtual visit to Kent State University's fashion museum feels like coming home. The Online Catalogue CLICK HERE allows you to browse their collection, and oh my what a collection! Lovely photos coupled with informative descriptions. It's a nice way to wile away a Sunday afternoon. 

Not surprisingly I'm both a regular reader and contributor to the Oxfam Fashion blog CLICK HERE. A relentless team of 2nd-hand style bloggers provide great ideas, content and photos, making this blog an eclectic style read. Contributor Britishette CLICK HERE is a personal fave, and writes her own rather compelling blog as well.  

Clea Broad CLICK HERE is not just a milliner, not just a florist but a style story teller. Her creations have the power to transport you to an imaginary fashion paradise. I love looking in on her, virtually. I'm always uplifted by Clea's latest and greatest.  


What style blogs are you reading these days? 

No comments: